Need a Long Arm Quilter? Here's a link of LongArmers in PPQG!
Want to make an ironing board? Here are three links that have directions. This first one is the original link and the other two use the wild onion directions but made it better (screws instead of nails, more pictures).
These two sites use the wild onion site above as a reference:
Go to the Washington Post for an interesting article on Quilts of Valor and click on gallery. If that link doesn't work for you, go directly to the Washington Post and search for "U.S. strategy for treating troops wounded in Afghanistan, Iraq: keep them moving." (Susan Smith and Bonnie Timm submitted this link. It is awesome.)
Free Quilt Magazine - http://www.onlinequiltmagazine.com/
List of Quilt Contest Websites:
- American Quilt Society www.americanquilter.com - 3 contests, Paducah, Knoxville, Des Moines
- Mancuso www.quiltfest.com - 6 National and International shows including Mid-Atlantic
- International Quilt Association www.quilts.org 3 shows, 2 contests including Houston
- Indiana Heritage Quilt Show www.ihqs.org/ - NOT JURIED
- Pigeon Forge Mountain Quilt Fest www.pigeonforge.com/quiltfest
- Vermont Quilt Festival www.vqf.org
- Crafting a Better Planet, The Festival Gallery of Quilt Art, The Sky's the Limit several challenges www.quilts.com
- Quilt Odyssey
- National Quilt Association www.nqaquilts.org
- Husquaverna Viking has a yearly challenge
- Road to California www.road2ca.com
- Personal Creations is a do-it-yourself about quilting site; it has all the basics you need to get started.
- June Tailor designs, manufactures, and distributes a range of quilting, crafting and home décor products – from a custom valance to shirt transfers.
- Cotton Picking
- Connecting Threads
- Creations of Kerrville Texas
- Fabric Attic
- The Backside
- Ginger's Needlework and Quilting
- Cloth Work Textiles
- Fabric Maven - Look no further for all of your fabric needs, including the durable Sunbrella-line.
- BatiksPlus - https://batiksplus.com/
- Sunshine Quilt Corner will be opening on May 15 at 10 a.m. Visit us at www.SunshineQuiltCorner.com for more information or to SHOP ONLINE or get CURBSIDE PICKUP. We are allowing customers in the store and practicing Social Distancing and encouraging mask use per the Virginia guidelines. Show your Guild Membership Card for a 10 percent discount! Thanks!!!
Sunshine Quilt Corner, LLC
896 J Clyde Morris Blvd
Visit us on FACEBOOK @SunshineQuiltCorner 757-504-0752
- NQA ― nqaquilts.org
- AQSG ― americanquiltstudygroup.org
- VCQ ― vcq.org
- quilts.com (Houston)
- quiltfest.com (Mancuso Brothers) Mid-Atlantic
- Pantone Color - A great website that has information and products that relate to color and fabric.
- Free Motion Quilt Project
- The Eye of the Artist: The Work of Devorah Sperber
- Quilting Gallery Blog
- The Ultimate Guide to Quilting
- A history of quilting, which includes tips and tutorials:
Artist Paula Dean changes all the rules of fabric art with unexpected combinations of paint, dye and fiber. Paula’s sense of artistic freedom hails from a rich heritage and legacy of creators in Eastern Virginia and her artworks often yield surprising and captivating results! Paula’s inventive process incorporates layers of fabric, paper, paint, dye and even found objects marrying her two passions: mixed media and fiber. Her creative approach to each new piece begins with a simple plan that quickly takes its own path of originality and emotions stirred. Everything she creates carries intuition moving the piece in its own direction instead of following rules. Paula thrives on pushing design elements to the edge, adding excitement, energy, and flavor to her art. More information on Paula's art work and future workshop opportunities can be found on her new website: www.studioonthebluff.com.
Mary Frances Ballard, 120 Lake Pointe Dr. Newport News, VA 23603