Need a Long Arm Quilter? Here's a link of Long Armers in PPQG!
Need to make a pillowcase for a quilt? Here is a great link to a pattern on the All People Quilt website for the American Patchwork Pillowcase One Million Challenge.
Want to make an ironing board? Here are three links that have directions. This first one is the original link and the other two use the wild onion directions but made it better (screws instead of nails, more pictures).
These two sites use the wild onion site above as a reference:
Go to the Washington Post for an interesting article on Quilts of Valor and click on gallery. If that link doesn't work for you, go directly to the Washington Post and search for "U.S. strategy for treating troops wounded in Afghanistan, Iraq: keep them moving." (Susan Smith and Bonnie Timm submitted this link. It is awesome.)
Area Quilt Shops that have quilting classes:
Free Quilt Magazine - http://www.onlinequiltmagazine.com/
List of Quilt Contest Websites:
- American Quilt Society www.americanquilter.com - 3 contests, Paducah, Knoxville, Des Moines
- Mancuso www.quiltfest.com - 6 National and International shows including Mid-Atlantic
- International Quilt Association www.quilts.org 3 shows, 2 contests including Houston
- Indiana Heritage Quilt Show www.ihqs.org/ - NOT JURIED
- Pigeon Forge Mountain Quilt Fest www.pigeonforge.com/quiltfest
- Vermont Quilt Festival www.vqf.org
- Crafting a Better Planet, The Festival Gallery of Quilt Art, The Sky's the Limit several challenges www.quilts.com
- Quilt Odyssey
- National Quilt Association www.nqaquilts.org
- Husquaverna Viking has a yearly challenge
- Road to California www.road2ca.com
- Personal Creations is a do-it-yourself about quilting site; it has all the basics you need to get started.
- June Tailor designs, manufactures, and distributes a range of quilting, crafting and home décor products – from a custom valance to shirt transfers.
- Cotton Picking
- Connecting Threads
- Creations of Kerrville Texas
- Fabric Attic
- The Backside
- Ginger's Needlework and Quilting
- Cloth Work Textiles
- Fabric Maven - Look no further for all of your fabric needs, including the durable Sunbrella-line.
- Pantone Color - A great website that has information and products that relate to color and fabric.
- Free Motion Quilt Project
- The Eye of the Artist: The Work of Devorah Sperber
- Quilting Gallery Blog
- How to Couch Stitch
- How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt
- The Ultimate Guide to Quilting
- A history of quilting, which includes tips and tutorials: